A Blog about SharePoint knowledge. Here you can find most information related to SharePoint Administration, SharePoint Development, My experience with SharePoint client, Information on SharePoint server and End user computing, SharePoint Study Materials etc. HAPPY Reading...!
PerformancePoint Services could not connect to the specified data source. Verify that either the current user or Unattended Service Account has read permissions to the data source, depending on your security configuration. Also verify that all required connection information is provided and correct.
How to reproduce this error?
1.Open your site in browser
2.Click on Run Dashboard designer
3.You will see two options Data connections and PerformancePoint content
4.Right click on Data connections -> New Data source
5.Select the data that you are trying to connect (SP list, SQL Server table, analysis services, excel services)
Before you start any troubleshooting, please ensure you check your ULS logs as it will give you the exact root cause behind it. When we checked our ULS logs then we found out that “the account needs Read Permission”)
It’s pretty simple once I know the cause. How to check this?
2.Manage web applications
3.Select the web application which is associated with your site
5.Assign full read permission to unattended service account.
Product applies to: -SharePoint 2010 -SharePoint 2013
One user has reported an issue where he was getting an error while accessing the excel files from SharePoint site.
Before contacting the user, I tried uploading one dummy excel file to check the behavior and it works fine so I thought it might user who is doing some mistake. Further probing on the issue, I got the following details.
2.Excel 2013 / Office 2013
3.Internet explorer 8.0
How to reproduce this error?
a)Upload your excel document in the document library
b)Try to open this document by directly clicking on it or excel dropdown ->view in browser.
c)You will get the following error:
Wow, that's a big workbook. Unfortunately, we can't open a workbook larger than 10 MB. You'll need to open this in Excel.
Couldn't Open the Workbook. Wow, that’s a big workbook. Unfortunately, we can't open a workbook larger than 10MB. You'll need to open this in Excel.
The form submission cannot be processed because it exceeded the maximum length allowed by the web administrator. Please resubmit the form with less data.
d)Manage service applications
e)Excel Services Application
f)Trusted File locations
g)Select the document library where your web part is failing
h)Refer the section named as “workbook properties”
i)Change the maximum workbook size
j)By default its 10MB
k)Change it to 50MB / 100MB as per your requirement
SharePoint 2013 is always full of mysteries as it’s a starting time and most of the firms are doing the migration of their SharePoint 2010 environment to SP2013 platform. So it’s quite obvious it will take some time to make your farm stable!
If you find a different solution, please report it as a comment to this post. Be sure to double-verify it: undo your solution and verify that the problem comes back, then redo it and verify that the problem goes away.
We have recently done the migration from SP2010 -> SP2013 in our development environment and given access to limited number of high profile users and developers for the testing. While doing the testing, one of the developers has reported an incident mentioning he is facing some error while editing the list item. Further exploration reveals that we can’t add a new item also.
So bottom line, this error comes up while: Adding a new item in a list or at the time of editing the item
The server was unable to save the form at this time. Please try again.
1.Tried creating different list with some different template / type but same issue.
2.Checked the list in SharePoint Designer 2013 but didn’t find anything relevant.
3.Checked the site settings for any customized content type but it was using default settings
4.Checked the event viewer for any critical errors but didn’t not find anything
5.Checked the services console, did some try & error funda but that did the trick. Later I did some research on my “trial and error method” and understood the complete process via Microsoft articles (reference article –bottom of this page)
1.Go to your SharePoint Server
4.Type – services.msc
5.It will open the services console
6.Search for this service - SharePoint Search Host Controller
It fixed the issue and I was able to create new items as well as edit the existing items too.
Happy SharePoint once again!
Few suggestions if the above solution doesn’t work:-
1)IISRESET on SharePoint Servers
2)Restart all the SharePoint Servers
3)Enable anonymous authentication for the website in IIS.