Blogroll

Sunday, April 14, 2013

SharePoint Pro: Update



As with any new release, there was a lot to learn when SharePoint 2010 hit the streets. There were new features to master, and there were even some old features with which to get reacquainted. Typically, I’m up for such a challenge. Heck, I revel in it. However, one of the biggest challenges that I almost didn’t overcome was learning Windows PowerShell.

I’ve been working with SharePoint for a long time now. Although I started with SharePoint Team Services 2001, I really cut my teeth with Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 (WSS 2.0). I used it to manage a farm that had more than 1,200 site collections and more than 10,000 subsites, which are often referred to as webs. I learned very early on to love and embrace scripting.

To read the rest of the article, click here.

The Essential Guide to New Virtualization Capabilities in Fibre Channel Environments
Learn how Hyper V’s new advancements make it an ideal platform for all application tiers and scenarios

The Essential Guide to Achieving High Availability for SharePoint Data
Michael Noel explores approaches for reliable, efficient distribution of SharePoint content.

No comments:

ShareThis

snow flakes

blogger widgets Blogspot Tutorial

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...