Blogroll

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Updating the Content type Failed: InfoPath form 2007.


Issue: A user reported the issue that he cannot published the InfoPath on the current library where InfoPath form is already published and getting the below error message.

And 29.5 seconds later (roughly), you’ll get this:


Hmm, Interesting. 

Back ground:
With some changes to the form unable to publish the modify form on the server, what were the changes? Only some data source has increased along with the columns in the Form.

Troubleshooting:
While editing the template from SharePoint Site, republishing on the test site given the error message, the one of the element is missing in the form.

While saving form at my end and opening it gives the error message.

Now why I get this error message:

We do not have the ability to fully trust forms as this requires a group wide certificate. The warning is because you are running it from a different location than where it was published to… another really useful error message!

Resolution: Now the question was to open this form stored on my local disk. For that you can right click on the form and select in the ‘Design’ mode.

You will see another window popping at your head.

Click Ok.  Select Publish from File and follow the steps you followed earlier.

I was waiting the see the same error my machine and I did not encounter for me.

I was successfully able to publish the form myself.

Now coming back to the point why did it fail for the user, could be something related to the Network slowness and Proxy settings.

As we did try it on another machine, it did failed.

I know wounds bit wired if I tell you the resolution to this one, we did cleared the IE cache such as cookies, history etc. Launched a new IE window, republish the form does work for this user.

If you have any concerns/issues, do let me know, I would be happier to help you with this.

TechNet Wiki Link:

Product Applies to:
  • SharePoint Server 2010
  • SharePoint Server 2007
  • InfoPath Form 2007
  • InfoPath Form 2010

No comments:

ShareThis

snow flakes

blogger widgets Blogspot Tutorial

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...