- Initially I though it is a problem of the IE version, So we did some basic level of troubleshooting such as
- Clearing the IE history,
- Resetting the IE to factory settings.
- Repairing the Office using MS office diagnostic tool.
- Clearing the InfoPath cache from Start -> Select Run- > Enter ‘InfoPath /cache clearall’.
- Deleted all files and folders within any other folders starting with FormCache: C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\InfoPath
**Note: [User] is your logon ID
- Asked user to login to any other machine, there we saw the same behaviour.
- Edited the form in the design mode.
- Checked the properties of the drop-down box.
3. As you can see from the properties the ‘List box entries’ was using the values form external data source. (Note: External data source can be anything like a XML Document, a Database, a Web service and SharePoint Library or list.
4.This information, you can look at the by adding the data sources to the drop down box.
5. By modifying we get to know from which list the field was populating the values.
6. Accessed that list from SharePoint site and checked that the list was not inheriting permissions from its Parent site.
7. Added my normal account and user account with the contribute permissions to the list and tried to access the form again and this time it didn’t asked for any authentication and values were also populating the drop-down of the InfoPath form.
TechNet Wiki Link: