Saturday, September 14, 2013
Sync to sharepoint workspace greyed out - SharePoint 2010
A SharePoint workspace is automatically synchronized with the SharePoint site as follows:
-All updates you make in a SharePoint workspace are immediately sent to the SharePoint site when you save them.
-All content in the SharePoint workspace and the SharePoint site is automatically synchronized as frequently as possible, at minimum every 10 minutes, depending on network traffic.
Windows 7 OS
Internet explorer (IE) 9.0
Office 2010 – make sure this is office professional plus
Sync to SharePoint Workspace is disabled.
This control is currently disabled.
How exactly it works? – Best article to understand the functionality
1) Tried opening the site with Mozilla Firefox as well as Google chrome but still same results i.e. Sync to SharePoint Workspace option is greyed out/disabled.
2) Installed Microsoft SharePoint workspace 2010 on the desktop and then tried to open the site again to check the results but still the option is disable.
1) Open the document library in which you are facing the problem.
2) From the top Ribbon-Library Tools
3) Click on Library
4) Library Settings
5) General Settings-Advanced Settings
6) Go to section- Offline Client Availability
7) Option- Allow items from this document library to be downloaded to offline clients?
8) By default this option is set to NO
9) Switch it to Yes- Please refer the following screenshot for more details
That’s it- Click OK.
Go back to the document library to check the results. You should be able to see that option in enable mode.
If you have any queries/questions regarding the above mentioned
information then please let me know. I would be more than happy to help you as well as resolves your issues, Thank you.
Product applies to:
1) SharePoint Server 2010
2) SharePoint Foundation 2010
Labels: 'Run ActiveX controls and PlugIns, $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns, 6396 and 6482 Repeatedly Showing in the Event Logs of SharePoint Server